Thursday, October 14, 2010

Baby:57 Mommy:0

57...57...like Heinz 57....this is the number of nights I have gone without uninterrupted sleep.  Oh sleep...glorious sleep!  How I miss thee!  How I crave thee!!!  I love when people tell me to "sleep when they are sleeping".  Exactly how do you do this when your little one rarely takes a nap longer then 40 min and half that time you are running to the bathroom or trying to eek in a shower?  I admit I use to be one of those people who thought what is wrong with these new parents?  Just put the baby down and take a shower!!!! You don't have to hold them 24/7!! And we don’t, but it is pretty hard to get in a shower or even eat when they are only down "for the count" about 30min.  I promise to be a changed and enlighten mother!  I will not pass judgment or condemn (silently, of course,) any new (or even slightly used) parent...IF I could just get 8hrs of sweet, glorious sleep!  When Ben asked me what I wanted for my birthday I selfishly wanted to shout from the rooftops "2 nights at a hotel...ALONE", but I didn't and instead got a bed frame. Oh the irony!  A structure to support a mattress in a more visually appealing way to entice us to slumber longer.....yes...oh the irony!  What also is ironic is that it is the middle of the night when I am typing this and the little munchkin is asleep....and I am not!  So I bid you all a good night...

No comments:

Post a Comment